Nothing seen here is my property, and I own no rights to this game. Please support the companies who made these by buying their products!
Played by: Mr. Eight-Three-One
The long awaited playthrough of Arthur’s Birthday V2 (Don’t worry, Just Grandma and Me V2 is in the works too). You better thank me for going through the trouble of finding a copy of this game. The only other person in our group that has this is Gobagoo, and you know how long it took last time he made a playthrough for this channel. In fact, I actually got V1 at first since I blindly ordered it off Amazon not knowing what I was getting. I went onto eBay instead and found one with a picture of V2 so I could confirm what I was getting exactly. Anyway, this is V2 of Arthur’s Birthday. The biggest differences in this version:
– The very first obvious change is the resolution. V1 ran in a 512 x 384 resolution, this one runs in 640 x 480 which makes every page bigger. In some cases, there’s also more clicks due to this, though they didn’t add a whole lot which is quite disappointing if you ask me.
– All of the audio is now at 22 KHz, versus 11 KHz of the old version. This makes all the voice clips and effects sound more crisp and high-quality.
– Spanish was axed from this version for reasons unknown. You may argue it was to make room for the higher quality audio and the minigames, but Grandma V2 has FOUR languages in it with minigames, further raising questions.
– There are now two minigames, the Great Gift Mystery and Pin the Tail on the Donkey. The Great Gift Mystery is unique from other LB games in that it’s integrated into the story, and you play it as you go through the pages.
– Some of the click points were altered in some way. For instance, on Page 6, the dollar bills actually fall to the ground this time, and the “Jelly!” “Jam!” argument was re-voiced to make it consistent with an added click point.
– The background noise is always heard, even during a clickable. In V1, the noise would stop whenever a clickable was running.
Arthur’s Birthday V2 is (C) 1997 Living Books/Wanderful Storybooks and (C) 1989 Marc Brown.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://keralafolkloreakademy.com/game/